- Is there anything I can do to help?
- I'm always here if you want to chat.
- Would you like me to take the kids this afternoon so you can rest?
- Do you feel up to a visit.....I'll bring dinner?
- Don't worry about housework. I'm here to see you.
- If you ever want some moral support for doctors visits, just ask and I will come along with you.
- We don't have to talk, I just want to keep you company.
- I’ve brought chocolate.
- I don't know exactly how you feel, but I can imagine it's horrible to deal with.
- Do you have any reading material about your condition, as I'd really like to learn a bit more so I can understand more.
- Is there anywhere you'd like to go...I can take you? I know you can't drive much these days.
- Remember that movie you wanted to see, but you weren't able to go to the cinema? I've got it on DVD. Would you like me to bring it round tonight?
- Write me a grocery list and I will go collect it for you.
- I know you’re on your own a lot....if you want some company, I can visit anytime.
- If you’re feeling down, I am a good listener.
- I remembered how much you loved my chocolate cake, so I made one for you this morning.
- When you have to cancel arrangements at the last minute, I'll understand.
- Would you like me to take your dog for some nice long walks? I know you're not up to doing that just now.
- What is it like for you, living with a chronic condition?
- Don't feel you need to pretend to me about how you are feeling. You're my friend.....so if you want to vent about it, I'm here to listen.
- I can't pretend to understand how you are feeling, but I do have empathy.
- I'll not be offended if you say you can't talk, you need to rest or that you're not in the mood for company.
- Try not to get stressed about Christmas, birthdays and other special events....I can help you. Please just ask.
- Call me. Call me any time you need me.
- I’ve brought more chocolate...
Friday, 26 June 2015
We often see posts relating to what NOT to say to someone with a chronic condition.
Here are a few suggestions of things which most people with a chronic condition would like to hear.
Obviously they won't cure the condition, but they can help the person.
Posted by End TN Trigeminal Neuralgia